Archive for December, 2010
Often many can’t seem to find out what they want to do with that troublesome left over eggnog from the holiday. Why not think outside of the box and incorporate it in one of your favorite dessert dishes? You already have the main ingredients to greatness; Nutmeg, Rum,Sugar, Brandy you name it! All ou need now is the graham cracker crust and special loves to help enjoy this indulging tasty holiday treat!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Directions ( Use 9-inch Pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing the rim.
The holiday season wouldn’t be right with out a touch of Pastry bliss. This delicious Apple and Brie Pastry is a Brownstone classic and A easy to make holiday favorite for those to enjoy with the family!
1 chopped Green Apple
1/4 lb. Brie Cheese
(favorite cheese can be substituted, Gouda is great!)
1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
1 Beaten Egg for Topping Pastry
Pre-Heat over to 400 Degrees
Lay out Puff Pastry and cut into equal squares
Place Brie and apples in the middle of the Squares
Fold up the sides into a square or basket shape
Place on Non-stick baking sheet
Brush pastry with a beaten egg.
Place apple in the middle of the Brie
Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown
Serve at room tmeperature.