Archive for March, 2011
Try out this delicious breakfast casserole filled with all the protein one needs to get through the day! This Ham and Cheese Breakfast is perfect for a breakfast in bed kind of morning and also for Easter Sunday brunches!
Before you get started here are a little bit of health tips!
Per serving: 286 calories; 10 g fat; 167 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 4 g fiber; 813 mg sodium; 509 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A , Folate, Calcium, Vitamin C.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups chopped spinach, wilted (see Tip)
- 4 cups whole-grain bread, crusts removed if desired, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1/2 pound, 4-6 slices)
- 1 cup diced ham steak, (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyère, or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Add mustard, rosemary and pepper; whisk to combine. Toss spinach, bread, ham and roasted red peppers in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture and toss well to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the custard has set, 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your spring afternoons and evenings with a vibrant and light salad for all to enjoy.
Apple Walnut Salad Ingredients:
- 2 Red Apples-Chopped
- 2 Green Apples-Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Strawberry (6-8 oz) Yogurt
- 1 Peach (6-8oz) yogurt
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Mix ingredients in a bowl
Add dressing to above mixture, Serve over romaine Lettuce or spring mix. Garnish with strawberries, Mandarin Oranges,Pears and Parmesan Cheese.
Come celebrate Mother’s Day by treating the special lady in your life to a delicious brunch with the family at the Brownstone Cafe. Space is limited so make your reservations with us quick! It is surely a time not to miss out!
Reserve with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or click here to save your spot!
You are invited to an intimate evening of all things events with the opportunity to meet with vendors to plan your upcoming special event. Whether you are in the beginning of your planning or just trying to wrap up everything, this is the perfect event for you.
Last Wednesday of the Month*
Wednesday, April 27th 2011
6pm to 9pm
At Di: Amore Gift Boutique &
Brownstone Event Resource Center
$5 Donation Appreciated at the Door – Per person
All Proceeds will benefit The Assistance League of Fullerton
REGISTER ON THE LINK BELOW