Posts Tagged ‘Do’
On your way to a really important dinner with the CEO of your company? better yet meeting the boyfriend or girlfriends family? Well don’t stress, here are some tips that will keep you afloat during nervous times!
Have funny Dinner Stories? Do share with us!
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Place a napkin on your lap as soon as you are seated.
- Wait for everyone at your table to be served before you begin to eat.
- Don’t fiddle with your silverware. You will look nervous and make others edgy.
- Don’t leave the coffee spoon in your cup while drinking from it.
- Never read at the table if anyone else is present.
- Don’t lean back on the rear of your chair. You could break the chair, or worse your neck! ( I know some of you have seen that happen before..)
- For goodness sake don’t eat the last piece of the cake! ( Especially when the person that made the cake hadn’t eaten a piece yet!)
- Once seated, unfold your napkin and use it for occasionally wiping your lips or fingers. At the end of dinner, leave the napkin tidily on the place setting.
- It is good dinner table etiquette to serve the lady sitting to the right of the host first, then the other ladies in a clockwise direction, and lastly the gentlemen
- I know that piece of broccoli that’s stuck in your tooth is bugging you, but trying to pick it out during dinner is not the way to go!
- Always make a point of thanking the host and hostess for their hospitality before leaving.
- It is good dinner table etiquette to send a personal thank you note to the host and hostess shortly afterwards.
- No dunking of donuts,biscotti or anything else in your coffee.
- Try not to offend the cook by adding extra ingredients to the dish I.E drenching ketchup ,hot sauce or dressing over things to try to make it better in front of everybody!
- Lastly don’t forget your please and thank-yous and with that smile of yours!