Posts Tagged ‘Flowers’
Last night marked the official beginning of Wedding Wednesday 2011. At Brownstone, we don’t like doing things small. We went all out for our first Wedding Wednesday of the year with an “Elegant Bride” theme. The return of elegance and sophistication is making a comeback this year and we wanted to show our brides the best ways to keep things classy while putting their own personality into their wedding.
We had an amazing turnout of vendors and guests. Brea Community Center and the First Congregational Church of Anaheim were two venues that made it out to Downtown Fullerton to speak with brides about their event space.
Alfred Angelo and Allen’s Tuxedos, two WW regulars, showed their newest styles in wedding fashions. A very interesting thing about Alfred Angelo’s new line is that it was inspired by Disney Princesses. My favorite ones: the Belle and Ariel inspired wedding dresses.
Patty’s Cakes sampled her wedding cake flavors for guests and Lavender’s Flowers brought in beautiful white flowered arrangements. Other vendors that were able to make it out to our event are Quinto Sol Entertainment, Davis Barber Productions, Damion Lloyd Photography, Sunny Hills Travel and The Hep Kittens.
And of course, we can’t forget the food! Last night we served Beef Wellington Bites, Creamy Dill Meatballs, Asparagus with Prosciutto and Bruschetta with Sundried Tomatoes. The next Wedding Wednesday is scheduled for February 23. Stay tuned for details or email us for more information.
In November, we catered a beautiful ceremony and reception at the Villa del Sol here in Downtown Fullerton. We would have posted sooner, but we just got the photos in. What’s the point of blogging about a wedding if there are no pictures?
Recognize the scenery? No? This is in Downtown Fullerton!
Where else could this be I wonder? Yup, you guessed right. They had their ceremony and reception at the Villa del Sol, also in Downtown Fullerton, right where the Brownstone Cafe is located. And yes, you better believe we catered their wedding.
If you didn’t know, outdoor weddings are one of the biggest wedding trends of this year.
Congratulations to the newly (well, 2 months) married couple! It was such a beautiful wedding. Photos courtesy of Jen Disney Weddings.
2 weeks before the meal:
- Plan your menu
- Create a grocery list and buy non-perishable items.
- Get ahead of meal prpe. Bake Items you can freeze.
3 days before the meal.
- Shop for perishable ingredients
- Set Table.
- Plan kid-friendly activites. Cover the kid’s table with butcher paper and set out crayons.
2 days before the meal:
- Start cooking.
- Buy fresh Flowers so blooms have time to open
1 day before the meal:
- Finish preparing each dish
- Make a timeline. Count backward from the time you plan to start eating to determine when to put each dis in the oven. Save time by cooking different dishes simultaneously in a double-range oven.
During the Meal:
- Ensure dishes are served at the perfect temperature. Store them in a warming drawer until ready.
- Incorporate a family activity. Ask everyone to write out thnigs they’re thankful for and read each out loud.